This last 3 weeks has kicked my butt! As soon as I got back from NYC for the New Year celebrations I ended up with the flu and then just when I thought I was better I am sick again! Sometimes when your tastebuds disappear the only thing that sounds good is lemon and salt (at least for me). You can only go so many days with food tasting like nothing. This soup is SO so easy and if you want a quick meal I suggest you give it a try!
What you’ll need:
- 1 tsp Basil (dried)
- Carrots (chopped)
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 lemon and zest + juice
- Chicken or Veggie Broth
- 1/2 cup orzo
- salt + pepper
- zucchini (optional)
- chicken (optional)
- In a large pot heat olive oil, carrots, celery and onion.
- Add garlic and saute for just a few minutes.
- Pour in broth – season with salt + pepper + dried basil.
- Squeeze in juice of half lemon and add lemon zest.
- If adding zucchini or chicken add now and let soup simmer. (I like to bring the soup to a boil firs and then let simmer).
- Lastly, cook orzo separate for about 8 minutes and add at the very last. I don’t like overcooked pasta so right before serving you can add in.
Let me know if you try it!