If you are looking for a light salad, this is perfect. I find more often than not that when I make something I usually have leftovers of the items that I didn’t use. The problem is I love to cook but sometime can’t eat the food fast enough so I have to be creative with the items I buy so they can be used in different meals. With the new year upon us and everyone on their “detox/resolution” craze- you can add this one to the list of must makes! This is flavorful, and a perfect starter salad or side dish.
- 1 large jicama (I used half)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 orange, peel and slice crosswise ( I used grapefruit because I thought it was an orange, oops!)
- 1/2 chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/3 cup lime juice (Fresh/ I also used 1/2 Lemon)
- pinch of cayenne
- pinch of paprika
- sea salt (to taste)
Toss together the jicama, bell peppers, red onion, cucumber, orange, and cilantro in a large serving bowl. Pour juice over all. Sprinkle with a pinch of cayenne and paprika. Season with salt.
Let it sit a half hour before serving so the veggies can absorb the flavor!
This recipe can be found here.