Thank you Just a Taste for this recipe! I was browsing Pinterest yesterday and came across this recipe. If you have read my posts before you know I love Pinterest! Even if you don’t make exactly what is shown it is nice to have a platform to gather ideas from and make whatever it is that you like. I love zucchini and squash (and usually have it in my fridge all the time) so I went to Target last night after my workout and picked up this gadget to make the “Zoodles”! You guys, this was so easy. If you don’t like prawns, use chicken or just add extra veggies. Let me know if you have any questions and good luck on your Newtritionsavvy quest!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into noodles (See Kelly’s Notes)
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Place a large sauté pan over medium-low heat. Add the olive oil and heat it for 1 minute. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes and cook them for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook them, stirring as needed, until they are cooked throughout and pink on all sides, about 3 minutes. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and then using a slotted spoon, transfer them to a bowl, leaving any liquid in the pan.
- Increase the heat to medium. Add the white wine and lemon juice to the pan. Using a wooden spoon, scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pan, cooking the wine and lemon juice for 2 minutes. Add the zucchini noodles and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Return the shrimp to the pan and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, garish with parsley and serve immediately.
NOTE: I did add a little parmigiano reggiano when the white wine/olive oil was done reducing and veggies were added. *butter optional (don’t get crazy with it)