My cousin made this recipe for Thanksgiving and it was delicous. I never order coconut shrimp out at a restaurant for fear that it’s loaded with calories, so when I saw this was made from scratch I was ecstatic. So easy, and delicious. Enjoy!
Skinny Coconut Shrimp
Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 3 shrimp, 1 tbsp sauce • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 4 pts
Calories: 161.6 • Fat: 3.4 g • Protein: 10.2 g • Carb: 22.2 g • Fiber: 1.8 g • Sugar:15.7 g
Sodium: 164.3 (without salt)
- 1 lb (24) large shrimp, peeled and deviened (weight after peeled)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp panko crumbs
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour (you will only use 1 tbsp)
- 1 large egg
- pinch salt
- non-stick spray (I used my misto)
For the Sweet and Spicy Dipping Sauce:
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves (you can use sugar free if you wish)
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Preheat oven to 425°. Spray a non-stick baking sheet with cooking spray.
Combine coconut flakes, panko crumbs and salt in a bowl. Place the flour on a small dish. Whisk egg in another bowl.
Lightly season shrimp with salt. Dip the shrimp in the flour, shaking off excess, then into the egg, then in the coconut crumb mixture.