Thank God for Pinterest. I was driving home from the gym last night wondering what to make for dinner so I hopped on pinterest and Wala! WE had a recipe. This one was “HELL-A’ Good. Veggie lover or not…this would be a great dish with some chicken if you need extra protein.
What you’ll need:
- olive oil
- yellow onion [chopped]
- minced garlic
- potato [I used rustic can use red or sweet]
- tomato [sliced/in half]
- dried thyme
- salt/pepper/garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded italian cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Finely dice the onion and mince the garlic. Saute both in a skillet with olive oil until softened (about five minutes).
- While the onion and garlic are sauteing, thinly slice the rest of the vegetables.
- Spray the inside of an 8×8 square or round baking dish with non-stick spray. Spread the softened onion and garlic in the bottom of the dish. Place the thinly sliced vegetables in the baking dish vertically, in an alternating pattern. Sprinkle generously with salt, pepper, and thyme.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil, top with cheese and bake for another 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
Side note: I also added a little bit of dried oregano along with the Thyme.