Who doesn’t love breakfast?! I go through phases where sometimes I am on an egg kick, sometimes I am on a oats kick, sometimes I will pay extra for an avocado toast kick (kidding) and every once in a while I will be honest I get busy and don’t remember to eat. How many of you can relate? More often than not the ladder isn’t the case though considering I have upped my workouts which in turn means my muscles need to EAT! I have a pretty set morning routine including Gym (6AM), coffee (most important) and then breakfast. I am always searching for new recipes that can spice up the egg game. This one is so easy and tastes really good. I know some of you might be saying, “Oh, I just don’t eat breakfast” but considering it is the most important meal of the day maybe you should reconsider! Food is energy and as a result energy is F-U-E-L for your day. If you have no fuel how can your brain be successful at tackling the days tasks?! This myth that you need to eat less to lose weight is false + dumb (yes dumb). Choose the right breakfast and you will have nothing to fear! I saw this recipe the other day while browsing insta-stories. I changed it up a little to accommodate my taste buds and Viola!What you’ll need:
- Eggs (Depending on how much you make it’s about 1 egg per flower)
- Zucchini (I like Mexican Zucchini as it is bigger and creates bigger pieces)
- Mandolin Slicer (to slice zucchini)
- Cherry Tomato (slice in half)
- Feta (optional)
- Salt + Pepper + Garlic Powder + Oregano
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Wash & Slice zucchini (about 5 to 6 pieces per flower)
- Scramble eggs (separate) and add herbs
- Butter the pan with ghee/butter
- After placing the zucchini in a cupcake baking sheet drizzle lightly with olive oil
- Place cherry tomatoes & Feta on top of zucchini
- Add the egg (scrambled or 1 full egg for each depending on what you prefer- if you choose the whole egg you can sprinkle with salt & pepper and oregano for flavor)
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 min or until the eggs become firm.
- Serve when ready!
I found this recipe here. Thanks Lo!
If you make this let me know how it turns out! Tag me! @newtritionsavvy