Ok, let me just start off by saying this was an AMAZING year! I traveled all over, made new friends and lived through the first year in my 30’s!!! YES! Looking back trying to gather all these pictures really puts into perspective how lucky I am. Don’t get me wrong, I hustled my ass off when it came to work and I can’t tell you how many times people would ask over and over if I even worked! YES! I worked, alot but so worth it when I look at all these amazing pictures. I love to travel and I love to enrich my mind of positive things. If anything I have learned this last year is that time really is money and when you don’t have it you make the most of it. I don’t recognize my friends enough that make me laugh on a daily basis or my family that is always there to create a great support system that comes in handy during the 365 days of each year. Take a minute and take a breath to say thank you for everything that occured in 2015. Good AND Bad, because without the bad we aren’t challenged to be better.I have learned, I have loved and most importantly I am a wiser me because of these things.
10 New Things I did in 2015.
10. Went to New Orleans for a Bachelorette…best beignets EVER!
9. Committed in June to serious workouts.(You know what I mean, there is working out to say you went, and then there is dialing in and really hustling to the max capacity and let’s not forget eating clean in addition). Jillene and I sort of found each other after running after class a couple times and decided we would work as each others accountability partners. I have two jobs so it’s not always easy to get to the gym ALL the time, but commiting to 4-5 days a week made a huge difference.
8. Traveled to Hawaii for my first time. It was a week of bliss for the mind and soul. I can’t wait to go back!
7. Discovered that alternate workouts like Soulcycle are good for exactly that…your soul. I enjoy waking up early on Sundays and getting my day started with the right mindset.
6. While in Hawaii I jumped off a 20 ft cliff. This was beyond scary and like anything the more you wait to do it the more anticipation you build up in your head that is totally unncessary. Life lesson learned: JUST DO IT NOW!
5. Went on another bachelorette to Miami with my best friends from highschool. Aside from the celebration aspect it was so nice to get together to reminisce as well as be with my girls as we are entering our 30’s. Comparing stories and realizing we aren’t the only ones going through struggles. Between families, careers, relationships and where society tells us we are supposed to be…don’t believe it! Be YOU….the BEST you!
4. I discovered Cheryl Strayed. She wrote the most amazing book, “Tiny Beautiful Things” and I reccomend every person read this book. Life, lessons, imperfection, growth and satisfaction. If you feel any discontent in your life or are looking for a good read check it out. It’s beyond awesome!
3. Went to Boston and climbed the Bunker Hill Monument Steps. Also visited Harvard University….Talk about inspiration!
2. Did my first photoshoot with Kent Avenue Photography. Tara, you are amazing and your ability to capture natural beauty is insane. I have never been happier with photos of myself…you are magical.
- The best thing I learned and did new was practice that perfection is not reality! I am letting go and have let go of the idea that being perfect is of any kind of normal. What is normal anyway? To me it’s putting in the work. Like I said before I have two jobs beacause I LOVE to travel- and well, with that it’s expensive. I also love to be busy and keep my mind motivated. This last year I have become extremely fond of Brene Brown and her life lessons. Perfection is a sign of insecurity and at the end of the day we only have control over ourselves and ourselves only. What you see online daily:Facebook, Instagram, Bloggers pretend lives are not real it’s only a perception. Just put in work in YOUR life and you will most definitely see the results you want to see. I say this with the upmost honesty and integrity. It’s not always easy. Some days I am tired, some days I really wish I had a million dollars and could do whatever I wanted. Some days, lets get real I wish I was born with a supermodel body but guess what? I don’t have a million dollars or that body (I love cheese and chocolate too much) and depending on our life some days are good and some are REALLY good! It’s all about perspective. Can’t emphasize that enough. Thanks to all the people apart of my 2015.
“Understanding the difference between healthy striving and perfectionism is critical to laying down the shield and picking up your life. Research shows that perfectionism hampers success. In fact, it’s often the path to depression, anxiety, addiction, and life paralysis.” -Brene Brown
One response to “The Sweetest Goodbye | HELLO 2016!”
I nominated you for the Liebster Award, check out the full story here: http://wp.me/p66CvJ-mt