Here is a glimpse of my weekend in a nutshell. It seems like working out is more on the rotation than anything else these days! Saturday morning’s circuit training workout was so freakin hard, but I survived(barely haha). Yesterday I hit up Soul Cycle per usual on Sunday to end the week with a great ride followed by an amazing acai bowl from Bare Bowls in Palo Alto. Can we say yummm! I am here today with some tips for a flat belly. Ladies, I know you’re ready for this one!
You gotta Move it to Lose it.
- It’s no secret that in order to get that weight off you have to move. You can do all the crunches in the world but a healthy body is a result of a healthy and active lifestyle. Cardio helps with burning calories but weights and core workouts help build muscle to show dem babies off. It’s also important to stick to a routine. When you are consistent you will see results.
Eat Real Food.
- Believe it that the food you eat usually more often than not is in direct correspondence with the way you are feeling. Are you tired, sluggish, or bloated? Or the opposite- energetic, alive and ready to take on the day? Depending on what you eat will determine how you feel. Also note, if what you are consuming doesn’t ever go bad, well then, you probably shouldn’t be eating it. Fact.
- Everything in moderation, including moderation. Anything including white flour, bleached flour, sugary cereals, breads should not be in your usual grocery store rotation. These types of foods can hinder your way to a flat belly. I know, I know, I am human too and I love pasta, toast, bagels etc. Do I eat them regularly? No. Why? Because I want to look good! Yes, sometimes I have them but it’s a treat not a necessity. Once it becomes a routine to ditch these foods you won’t feel such a need to think about them.
Planks & Crunches.
- It’s a must. Planks are all the rage! Any crunches, oblique workouts, medball exercises and stability will all help with your core strength. With better core strength comes A…A…..ABS!
- You have to do it. Drinking water daily not only helps reduce bloating but also helpe eliminate any waste or toxins in the body. If you aren’t a fan of plain water add some mint, basil, lemon or fruit to help with your consumption.
Hope this helps! Good luck with your journey to a flat belly!