Hi Friends! While this recipe is not exactly on the healthy spectrum of most people’s January goals, it is still delicious if you are in the mood for some pasta. I have made them about 3 times and the third time around was the best. It’s important to remember just because a recipe says A,B, C doesn’t meant you can’t add to the mix!
Here is what you need:
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- Italian Parsley
- 1 1/2 cup spinach (fresh)
- 1 egg, large
- 12 pasta shells
- black pepper
- sea salt
- Italian seasoning
- 15 oz whole-milk ricotta
- 1/2-3/4 cup cottage cheese
Pasta Sauce: (you can always use a jar but I like to make everything from scratch)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- minced garlic (2 cloves)
- salt/pepper/ Italian parsley
- olive oil
- (SIDENOTE: You can always add meat to the sauce for more flavor)
- You need a pan w/ olive oil and garlic. Cook garlic until almost brown (low-med heat)
- Add can crushed tomatoes
- Season salt/pepper to taste
- Add Parsley
- You can always add more salt/pepper after it simmers for a bit- remember a little goes a long way
For the shells:
- Cook the pasta shells according to instructions on the package. Drain, keep warm.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread pasta sauce on bottom of backing dish- set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese and cottage cheese, egg, garlic, seasoning, salt, pepper and chopped spinach.
- Fill each pasta shell with cheese filling and arrange in the sauce.
- Sprinkle additional mozzarella cheese over each shell.
- Back for 20-25 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling on the edges.
- Let sit for 10 minutes in room temperature before serving.
This recipe is pretty easy and delicious.