I don’t know about you guys but I am OBSESSED with this new Athleisure movement. I know working out has always been a thing but it seems like now more than ever it’s all about that style you posses in the gym. As my body has changed quite a bit over the last few years I have come to discover items that I probably would never have worn before (crops etc). I used to swear by Lululemon only (which I still do on some products) but I will say that I have branched out in other areas. The items above are just a few of my favorite things when it comes to the gym! As you have probably noticed I love black and grey clothes – I think thats just the neutral tone lover inside of me but it always works no matter how I am feeling! 🙂
1. Nike – These products never get old. I swear by Nike only for a training shoe. The key is finding one that works for you. I have these Zooms and I LOVE them for my time in the gym. Along with their shoes I love Nike athletic wear as well. I think it’s important not just to wear brands but know what the company stands for. I support their mission 100% and apply that into my training mentality every single time I workout.
2. Lululemon BRA – Ok let me just say there is NOTHING in the world better than a Lululemon sports bra. I have a pretty large cup size and I have my whole life. There was a time in which I would wear a regular bra as well as a sports bra (I know, this is kind of mortifying now that I am thinking about it) until I discovered the Ta Ta Tamer sports bra. The durability is not comparable to any other kind. I have had all of mine for about 5 years and they are still in brand new condition. I am not exaggerating either!!! They have since come out with the Enlite Sports Bra which does have a hefty price tag, but from personal experience I can vouch it is more than worth it.
3. Swell – These water bottles are great. The are insulated for both cold or hot water and their main mission is to rid the planet of water bottles. How many of us are guilty of consuming too many water bottles? This company is sustainable as well as an all women owned company!
4. Notebook – I like to have a journal of some sort to keep track of my workouts. It helps me in the future if I don’t have time to make it to the gym or to remember when it is exactly that I worked out.
5. Lucy Studio Hatha Legging – These for me are by far the best pant I have come across in my lifetime. I was never a fan of Lucy before #1 because I was too busy spending all my money at LuLu but also because the athletic line seemed like it was for the older woman. A couple years ago I was at Stanford Shopping Center and made my way in just to browse. I tried on my first pair of Studio Hatha Leggings and from then it was history. I have really long skinny legs (not complaining) but most of the time pants don’t fit my waste and ankles proportionately. They are either too tight on the hips or too loose on my ankles. This for me is the PERFECT fit pant. I wear them both to workout and to lounge.
These are just a few of my favorite items. Do you have any “swear by” items that I need to know about!?