Some things I learned in 2016. It’s not always perfect or the way you want things to be. Sad fact of life, this is how we learn and this more importantly how we grow.
- Work hard and success will follow. It’s no surprise that the more work and dedication you put into anything the better you will master your craft and reap the rewards.
- Life goes on when you fall in love and then fall out of love. It all seems so devastating when it’s happening – like we are never going to love again. But I actually believe that the more you love the better you are able to love the next person. Trust your heart and be as rational as possible. Not everything we think we want we are meant to have.
- If you want to fly you have to give up the things that weigh you down. Friends, Relationships, Job, Habits and most importantly FEAR!!! If it is not making you a better person and causing joy in your life it’s time to let it go.
- Surround yourself with people who awaken the best in you. When you have a good tribe you become smarter, like minded, and stronger instantly.
- Trust the timing of your life. If it is happening to you it’s because you need to learn from it. If it’s happening to you again- it’s because you HAVEN’T learned from it.
- RESPECT YOUR HEALTH. Respect your body. Stop treating it like shit. You’re not getting any younger and your body will not get any healthier unless you take care of it. Everyone wants to live the invisible life until illness happens to them.
- Practice the attitude of gratitude. The more time you spend on the good you find less time to focus on the negative.
- Have a plan. It’s easy to say we want something but doing it is another. If you want to travel book a trip. If you want to fall in love- let the old love go. Execution is what we focus on in 2017. DO IT!
- Love yourself more. Instead of wishing for someone else’s body, or someone else’s job or someone else’s life- respect and love yours more. After all, it’s your choice and your choice only to make better.
The most important one: I read this today.
10. Give up your need to control everything. Detach from the things that you cannot change and focus on the ones you can & know sometimes the only thing you are going to be able to control is your attitude towards something or someone.
“Some things are up to us, and some things are not up to us.”
Happy 4th day of 2017 ya’ll!